Saturday, 19 July 2014

Summer Glow

For the Summer I thought I would change up my make-up look, and the most popular look during this time is that Summer Glow, where you have a very natural dewy look.

As I am from London....we don't always have the best weather and hence can sometimes be hard to get a sun-kissed look. But even if it is dull outside I have changed my look to match the season and here’s how...

So firstly, see below the picture this is the look we are aiming for:

Prepare Face-Base


Ok so for a base, I start off with my everyday moisturiser (Astral) and then I apply my SPF 50 to protect my skin from the sun light. I will then apply a primer (I am currently using the Prep & Prime Rimmel Primer), to obtain a Dewy look its best not to go for a mattifying primer.

Foundation & Concealer


Next I move on to the foundation. As I am using this as an everyday look I don't bother with concealer but if I was to use a concealer I would apply just before my foundation under my eyes, down my nose and a little bit on my chin. (Some may apply it after their foundation - personal preference). Currently I have been using Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation. I got this as a tester as I haven't used Bobbi Brown foundations before and I must say I am enjoying this one. This again is just for my every day look, if I am going out I tend to use NARS Sheer-Glow foundation in the colour/shade Barcelona.

By the way I usually use a beauty blender when I am going out, but for my everyday look I have started using a normal flat foundation brush and this doesn't apply brilliantly unless you take your time and use the brush in a circular motion to really blend out the foundation. So I quickly apply it with the brush and then smooth it all over with my fingers and I would say this is one of the best techniques to create flawless look because you would have smoothed over all the lines and with the products you prepped your face with everything’s very dewy and becomes one.

Sorting The Summer Eye


I am one who wears winged eye-liner on an everyday basis and for this look I decided to ditch the eye-liner and go natural! This was hard for me because I do love my eye-liner; however I have also come to love this summer look. For my eyes I now wear the Benefit “There Real” Mascara, I didn't believe it at first but this is actually a very good mascara. To up the amp on this summer glow you could add a bit of gold eye shadow on the eye lids.

I then go in and fill in my eye-brows to make them more defined and give them a slightly more harsher shape, this makes them stand out and if they are stuck under all the foundation they look too soft and faded.

Blush & Bronze


At this point I just swipe across NARS Orgasm Blush across my cheeks and I’m done this completes my look. However if you are very fair and want to warm up the face you can go in and add bronzer.
With this look I do not recommend going in and contouring heavily as this starts hiding the dewy glowly look you would have just created.

Lips & Bits


With your lips you can add something light and natural, I don't bother I just wipe off the excess foundation that would have gone on to my lips from when I applied it.


And to finalise I keep my hair looking very volumised, if I have just washed my hair and then go to sleep I usually next day don't even put a brush through it. This helps to achieve that beachy look.

Don't forget to Subscribe and Comment!
Follow me on Instagram: @XO_Suristyle
Youtube:  XOSURI

XO_SURI

No comments:

Post a Comment