Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Hair Care Routine + Tips & Tricks

Hi Guys!

You may have recently seen me upload my new video on YouTube about my Hair Care Routine. If you haven't then please do check it out. This Blog Post will relate to a lot of the tips and tricks I have mentioned in my video.



History of my Hair:

So if you don't know already I have very long hair and when you have longer hair it is harder to keep the hair healthy. For me I find that the ends of my hair split quickly and tend to get worse if I don't do anything about them. Due to my hair having this split end damage on the ends I decided its now time to take action and care for the hair a lot more. 

I have dyed my hair about several times, where the last two times I dyed my hair was with Permanent Hair Dye. The last time I Dyed my hair with Permanent Hair Dye made my hair at the ends feel more bitter. Before the Permanent Hair Dye I had used Semi-Permanent Hair Dye which causes less damage. 

Hair Cuts are not something I do regularly and I don't follow the "Get your hair cut every 4-6 weeks" regime. I find that this is just very expensive and if you are planning on growing your hair its not going to happen if what you have grown gets cut off. Last week (22nd February 2014) was when I had my most recent hair trim as the split ends were pretty bad. A Few weeks before I had this cut/trim I decided to take action and caring for my hair and below is the Hair Care Routing I follow.

FYI: Most products I have used in this routine are from the Split end Range by TRESemme. You don't have to use these you can use products that suite you better and/or products by TRESemme from a different range that cater to accomplish different needs.


Hair Care Routine: 


Step 1:- The first thing I do is Shampoo my hair! 

When I wash my hair I Shampoo twice, the reason for this is that the first time is to loosen up the oils in your hair and the second time will give you a deeper clean and cleanse the hair and wash away all the dirt. This leaves your Hair cleaner and you will notice that your hair doesn't get as greasy.

Shampoo I use: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Infusing Shampoo  

Step 2 - Condition

Once the shampooing is complete then I apply conditioner, when applying the conditioner I concentrate on the mid-lengths of the hair and ends of the hair and applying very little on the hair close to my scalp. The less products applied to the scalp the better as it will stop your hair getting greasy.  I leave the conditioner in for 2-3 minutes allowing it to work and really moisturise the ends of your hair which tend to be the most dry. 

I then rinse my hair and give my hair a comb with a wide tooth comb to get it ready for the next step. 

Conditioner I use: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Restoring Conditioner 

Step 3: Hair Masque

To prepare my hair for the Hair Masque I wring out all the water, this will allow for better application and for the product to work better with the hair.

I then apply the Hair masque from my mid-lengths down to the ends of my hair concentrating on the ends. I again leave this masque in my hair for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. After applying the masque you will notice a difference straight away, hair is instantly smoother. 

Also not a lot of this product is needed and is a great investment as it lasts for a long period. 

Hair Masque I use: TRESemme Split Remedy Split Mend Intense Recovery Masque 


Step 4:- Protect

After washing my hair I wrap a towel around my head and leave that on for about 5-10 minutes. I then apply a leave in product for the split ends, this can be found here: "TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Treatment". 

An oil is also very good for the ends of the hair to keep them hydrated so I apply this leave in "Oil" I received from Birchbox.

Just before I dry my hair I apply a heat protecting spray to stop damage from the hair dryer and hair straighter's.  Heat Protector I use: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray .

Hair Tips & Tricks 

So here are a few tips to keep your hair healthy and in good shape.

First and best tip for your hair is to brush your hair from the "bottom up" and not "top down". Reason for this is because if you are brushing your hair from the top of your scalp down to your roots you are gathering all the tangles at the bottom and this is where you may try and pull the brush/comb through the tangles and tear the hair. Tearing the hair at this point will cause breakage and split ends. Also if you do get tangles in your hair it is advised to use your hands and slowly unravel the knots.


Secondly using Hair Bands without the metal on it is the best for your hair as the metal coiled rubber bands can irritate your hair and in a tight space can easily snap the hair. Best course of action is to replace these types of rubber/hair bands with a scrunchy or rubber bands without the metal (check out my video to see which ones i am talking about). 


Lastly if you are not going out it best to keep your hair up and out of the way. If your hair is continuously out and your hair is lengthy it will brush against your clothes and cause your hair split ends.  So if you don;t need to wear your hair out, tie it up in a top-knot or plat it so that its out of the way of damage.



Don't forget to Subscribe and Comment!
Follow me on Instagram: @XO_Suristyle
Youtube:  XOSURI

XO_SURI


No comments:

Post a Comment